Step 2: Know Your Audience
Approach your presentation from your audience’s perspective – not your own.
Use these questions to help you build your presentation:
1. Why is this topic relevant to them?
2. What are their challenges, issues, needs?
3. What are their goals, expectations?
4. What is the urgency to have this information now?
5. What action needs to be taken?
6. What information do they need?
7. What techniques are likely to gain attention?
8. What is likely to get negative reactions?
-Sheryl Roush, Speaker, Speaking Coach
Sparkle Presentations, Inc.